Our Team

Our Team

Sunday, September 9, 2012

First day in the communities

Today was day 1 of going to the communities and it was absolutely amazing! We were in Todos Unidos all day for a family festival FH put on. When we arrived there all the kids ran up to us and hugged us and were just so excited. It was amazing! They were all so friendly and welcoming. Having never been on a missions trip I wasn't really sure what to expect. I figured they might be a little timid at first seeing as we were 13 complete strangers from America. But they were all very excited to see us.

Last night when the team had our meeting Sara told us to go into the communities and just reflect Gods love, but I saw so much more of His love in them than I did in us. They showered us with gifts, and with the little money they had they were buying us ice creams and sodas. They decorated for us and put so much effort into this festival because they were genuinely excited that we were coming.

The first thing we did when we got there was have an opening ceremony for the new community center they built with the money we raised for them. The president of the community spoke, one of our team members spoke, a couple other people spoke, and then the whole community, from the youngest kid there to the oldest, sang the Peru national anthem which was so cool! I really wish I would have taken a video of it because it was just an awesome moment!

During the festival we went around to all the tents the people from the community set up, played games, and took lots of picture! The kids LOVED having their pictures taken. We just played and sang and sand and danced and just had a wonderful time! I can't wait to go back tomorrow.

In the evening we went to a church here in Pucullpa where we're staying, which was a really cool experience. I speak no Spanish, so I thought itd be kinda boring because I wouldn't be able to understand anything they said, but it wasn't. While we were singing I was looking around and thinking how amazing it was that even though we spoke different languages, and had different skin color and different backgrounds we could all sit in one building and worship together. We don't have to divide ourselves up, because as different as we look , we really aren't. We're all Gods children and it's cool that we can all be together in one place and worship our Father together. It was truely an awesome experience and I'm so glad we went.

I was gonna try to upload some pictures but I can't because I dont have a certain app :( but hopefully we can get some on tomorrow from the computer. Keep praying and we will write again tomorrow! Buenos nochas (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly haha) from Peru!

-Margo

P.s. shout out to lils! I miss you kiddo! See you in a few days(:


No comments:

Post a Comment