Our Team

Our Team

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Life of a College Girl

     Well, today I worked for 10 hours, had a 3 hours class and then drove 2 hours to get home so I can hop on the bus at 4:00am to get to Chicago so we can get on our plane and go to PERU! Needless to say, it has been a very busy and stressful day for me, and an even more stressful week. I started school and now have to miss a week for the trip, (so it's going to be challenging to stay caught up being in Peru) both my grandmothers are in the hospital, and I just found out a few days ago that my boyfriends best friend was diagnosed with cancer. Through all this I've been packing and getting ready for the trip. But with all this going on I just kept asking God why this trip seemed to be at the absolute worst time possible. Couldn't there be an easier time to go where life is at least a little less stressful?
 
      But maybe, just maybe, this is the best possible time to go. I know that He has a plan and purpose for me being down there at this time. Even if the timing seems so horrible to me, it really isn't because I know God's got this, and theres a reason I'm going and going during this time. Through this trip so far He's really taught me to trust in Him and He helps me work things out, so I can't even imagine what's in store for when we actually get there!

      Even through all the stress I am beyond excited to be going! Going on a missions trip is something that I have wanted to do for quite a few years now, so I am very thankful that I have to opportunity, and going with my mom and a group full of fun and wonderful people makes it even more exciting.

     I figured writing this would pass at least a little bit of time while I wait for 4:00 to roll around. I feel like it would be  pointless to fall asleep now, so I plan on sleeping on the bus and then on the plane I get to do something really exciting... HOMEWORK! WOOHOO!

-Margo

2 comments:

  1. I am tracking the team's blog (and today, your flights!)! Love reading posts from each of you and excited to continue hearing more. Praying for each of you!
    Kristen Horst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo - This is the verse that came to me as I read your blog and others. So, this is for the team:

    Proverbs 3:5-6 (The Message)
    Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart;
    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
    Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    he’s the one who will keep you on track.

    Gods good,
    Susan Demel-Impact

    ReplyDelete